Sunday, March 17, 2013

Good Morning Granola...


This has been my favorite way to start the day lately.  Healthy, delicious, and quite filling... not to mention EASY to make.  Winner all around!  I have made my own regular granola and honey nut granola, but I have been lazy lately and just found one I like at the store.  It is much cheaper to make your own, though.  Anyway, just giving you a good reason not to hit snooze! :)

Healthy Good Morning Granola and Yogurt (By Lyd
1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 cup Granola
1/2 cup Trail Mix
Handful of dried cranberries

Layer ingredients and mix in your bowl.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

What a good idea--I love the nuts & cranberries! Can I take the liberty of giving you my favorite granola recipe? It makes a big old batch:

Allyson's Granola:
COLUMN 1
7 c rolled oats
2 c whole wheat flour
1 c flaked coconut
1 c non-fat dried milk
1 c sunflower seed kernels

COLUMN 2
1 c brown sugar
1 c oil
1/2 c honey
1/2 c water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix column 1 ingredients in a large bowl or mixer. Liquefy column 2 ingredients in a blender. Mix column 1 & 2 together thoroughly. Divide mixture between 2 cookie sheets.

Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes. Stir at 15 minute intervals. (For convection oven bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, switching top & bottom rack & stirring every 10 minutes.) Mixture will be crisp when it cools. When crisp, store in a plastic container. Yields 12 cups.


I have left out the sunflower seeds or coconut at different times and added things like quinoa, etc. It turns out delicious, and my kids eat it like candy. I'm going to give some of yours a try too!