Wednesday, February 20, 2013

How to Hard Boil Eggs in the Oven... (THE BETTER WAY!)


It is just a little white egg.  Why has boiling it always intimidated me so?  I seriously have to google directions every time!  How long to I boil them?  Why did that one just explode?  Did I take them out too early?  Did I leave them in the cold water long enough?  Was the cold water the right temperature?  Then, why is the yoke still runny?  Ok- so it's not rocket science, but it definitely feels like EGG Science.  So imagine my delight when I saw a "pin" suggesting you bake them in the oven.  Rapturous Day!  You can't top these easy fool-proof instructions.  I will never make a hard (not boiled) egg any other way!  My kids loved peeling them. :) I loved shaking up our typical dinner menu.


How to Hard Boil Eggs in the Oven
To make the eggs, simply bake them in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes. You can place them directly on the rack or use a muffin tin, which makes it easy move them in and out of the oven in bulk. Once the 30 minutes have passed, remove the eggs from the oven (carefully, because they are hot) and plunge them in cold water for 10 minutes.
The shells may have brown spots where they were in contact with hot metal. Sometimes that discoloration fades away in the water plunge, but sometimes it will leave marks on the whites.

*Wouldn't this be perfect for Easter eggs?  This would save a lot of time!

Made a delicious Egg Salad Sandwich for dinner with mine.  What will you make?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

REALLY? I'm going to (gently) throw some in the oven right now. I'm trying to eat more protein, and eggs are a good source. Thanks, cute girl!

Audrey C. =)'s said...

That's awesome! I will definitely be trying this. =)

jess and seth said...

You are a genius!! That's what we'll do with our eggs this weekend.