Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oven-Roasted Cod Crusted with Herbs

When I cook cod, I hear Captain Hook's voice in my head whimpering, "I'm a Cod-fish..." and then as I cook it up, I chant "Hook is a cod-fish!  Hook is a is cod-fish!" in that teasing, sing-song way.  Oh the joys of growing up on Disney movies and good fish. :)  Despite the silly voices in my head, I always love a good fish dish; cod fish in particular, and Rachael Ray came through with this simple, flavor packed recipe.

Oven-Roasted Cod Crusted with Herbs (Rachael Ray)
1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 large cloves garlic
1 lemon, zested
Coarse salt
4 (6 to 8-ounce) cod fillets
Extra-virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Pile parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and a little coarse salt on the cutting board. Finely chop the lemon-garlic mixture, then combine with plain bread crumbs.
Brush the top of each fillet with olive oil and dip in to the bread crumb herb mixture. Brush a little bit of olive oil in the bottom of a baking pan then place fillet in the pan, crust side up. Roast fillets in oven until firm to the touch, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: