My sweet momma introduced me to these yummy filling pancakes. They are hearty- they "stick to your ribs" so you're full all morning. They are also really easy to make- and quite scrumptious with a bit of cream, peaches, and a sprinkle of sugar. Sweet or savory, this is a good one.
Oat Bran Pancakes (from the Dukan Diet)
(*This recipemakes one large pancake.)
2 tablespoons Fromage Frais (Plain yogurt or low fat cream cheese works great.)
2 tablespoon Oat bran (I found a good deal on oat bran at our local COOP.)
1 tablespoon Wheat bran (I didn't have wheat bran, so I did another tablespoon of oat bran.)
1. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl. If the mixture is too stiff, add a couple of teaspoons of skim milk.
2. Add a couple of drops of light oil to a frying pan. Wipe off the oil with a sheet of paper kitchen towel.
3. Spread the mixture in the pan.
4. Cook on a medium heat until the underside is golden and the upper side starts to dry.
5. Flip the pancake and cook the other side.