Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ABC Melts

MY BABY GIRL IS STARTING KINDERGARTEN TOMORROW! I can't believe she is that old! She is so excited and ready, and today we had a practice wake up call and drill. :) Here is a healthy, quick and easy little snack/lunch/breakfast in honor of her big. I feel old! I remember shopping for school supplies with my mom- it feels funny to be on this end. I think I just need to sit down and have an "ABC Melt" to break me in. :)

ABC Melts
(Simple and Delicious)
2 English muffins, split and toasted
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
4 slices Canadian bacon (I just used ham.)
1 medium apple, thinly sliced
4 slices Swiss cheese (I used mozzarella for lack of Swiss.)

Place muffin halves, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with mustard; layer with Canadian bacon, apple slices and cheese. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

What a tasty way to start the first day of school! :)