Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Make it {Ginger} Snappy... (White Chocolate Dipped GingerSnaps)


I was just about to post a fish taco recipe, and then I started thinking... "HELLO!  It's December!  What am I doing messing with fish?  It's time to get festive!"  So what is more festive than some good old fashioned gingersnaps, I ask you? (Which--for your information--taste even better dipped in white chocolate... doesn't everything? :)  These went on our neighbor plates. (Although I didn't have the patients to dip them all. :)
Fish later. :) Merry Christmas NOW!
*This was a quick and easy recipe that make a bunch, (It says 14 1/2 dozen- SERIOUSLY? Is that a typo? I don't think it made quite that many- maybe I made mine too big... that is A LOT of gingersnaps.  Anyway- I was going to say, this is a good recipe, but I've tasted better... I just can't remember where I put the other recipe, so what you see is what you get. :)


Dipped Gingersnaps (Taste of Home)
2 cups Sugar
1-1/2 cups canola oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
Additional Sugar
2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
1/4 cup shortening

In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Stir in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies halfway into the melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 14-1/2 dozen.

Nutritional Analysis:
2 cookies equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: