Monday, December 24, 2012

Almond Chocolate Fudge


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
I'm sneaking all these sweets in before our New Year's resolutions. :)  Plus this is a must!  Is Christmas complete without a bit of fudge?  I have made it a couple times, and this has been my favorite recipe so far.  Super easy and I like the texture and richness of the cream cheese.  I made this again with white chocolate and I sprinkled crushed candy-canes on the top.  It was cute.  Got to love a recipe you can play around with.


Almond Chocolate Fudge
1 teaspoon butter
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Dash salt
1/4 cup slivered Almonds (or other nut)

Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. (I never noticed it get "fluffy"- I found that a little confusing.  Maybe they meant creamy?) Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Beat in the melted chocolate, extract and salt until smooth. 
Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle and press almonds over the top.  Cover and refrigerate overnight or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.

Nutritional Facts:  1 piece equals 49 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: