Sunday, October 28, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes... and other SPOOKY Stuff!

I have an October birthday at my house, and it makes for some fun, festive parties!  Thought I would share a few ideas from the "spooky" feast...
I was pretty busy with party preparations, so I needed a fast and easy recipe for cupcakes.  This was perfect.  I didn't have a spice cake mix, so I used yellow cake mix, and added pumpkin spice.

Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes (verybestbaking.com)
1 package of spice cake mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup water
*Cream cheese frosting
Mix all ingredients for about 2 minutes.  Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.  Bake 350 for 18-23 minutes (I would recommend at least 25.)

"Mummies" 
*Hot-dogs wrapped in pizza or crescent dough. Use ketchup for the eye, although most of the kids had them eaten before we got to that part. :)
The party guest each made their own. (Very convenient. :)


Bloody Spider Bath
Red Jello and plastic spider rings. This was a favorite! (I was happy because this was one I cam up with on my own. :)
  
Monster Mouths (hubpages)
Apple slices, cream cheese or peanut butter, and mini-marshmallows.
All of this added up to a very happy Halloween birthday girl! :)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: