Friday, June 8, 2012

Dinner Short Cut: Pre-Chopped Kits


LYD's TIP:  I'm sure I'm "reinventing the wheel" here, but as a busy mom, I love to find any way I can speed up the dinner process.  One way I do it is by making a dinner kit to store in the fridge until that meal pops up on the menu.  This is a fairly simple concept, but I love the time it saves me!

*The above picture was my Homemade Chicken and Veggie Soup.  I just heat about 3 T oil in a pot, toss in my veggies kit from the fridge (You can use just about anything), stir to coat, and let them simmer.  I add about 2 or 3 T flour (to thicken the soup), stir, then add the chicken broth (about 1 quart) and chicken.  How easy is that?!  And healthy too! :)

Pre-Chopped Veggie Kits:

  • Chop the veggies for the next meal and throw them in a bag or Tupperware to toss into dinner the next night pre-cut.
  • While the cutting board is out, cut up a "Snack Kits" for the kids... or adults (heaven forbid :). (Celery or carrot sticks, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc.)

*Veggies that are starting to get old still work great in soups.  Good way to use them up.)

2 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

Great idea!

TiAnn said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm so doing this. :)