I'm back after a bit of silence. Hope you had a nice holiday-- good luck beating my dream Disneyland vacation! Not to brag- but it was AWESOME! And hope you are ready for some yummy things to come this year. This certainly doesn't seem like the "light" way to kick off the new year, but lets just start with delicious and go from there, shall we? This was a delicious casserole that wasn't as time consuming as I thought it would be. This one is kind of a "Man Food" recipe. Doug loved it. :) Need I say more?
Potato Sausage Casserole (Taste of Home)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain and set aside. Combine the soup, milk, onion, salt and
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, soup
- mixture and sausage. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or
- until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 430 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,130 mg sodium,