I brought the dessert to “The Easter Feast”, and this is what I decided to make. My mother-in-law knows how much I love cooking, and for my birthday, she gave me this AWESOME Taste of Home Most Requested Recipes cookbook that I have just LOVE! It has so many practical, but absolutely mouth-watering recipes in there that I can’t wait to try. This was one that I found, and it ended up being a big hit! They had it in a pizza pan, but I decided to do it in a 9x13 casserole dish. Anyway- this is a yummy one. Bananas and strawberries are just a good match, but then you throw chocolate in there and life is beautiful!
Banana-Berry Brownie Pizza (Taste of Home)
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch size)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted (I'm a slacker, and I just drizzled chocolate syrup over the top.)
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and egg until well blended. Spread into a greased and floured 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownie crust. Bake 15 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, arrange strawberries and bananas over topping; drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.