Thursday, January 6, 2011

Country Fried Steaks with Country Gravy



This year for Christmas Eve Dinner, we enjoyed some really yummy Country Fried Steaks. For the stakes, I basically used my Chicken Millanese recipe, but I added a little garlic powder and parsley to the panko and I used beef cube steaks instead of chicken. They were pretty tasty! Then we topped them off with some yummy country gravy. I'm not sure how to season the gravy so that you get all that flavor, but I did add a little chicken bullion.

Country Gravy
  • 1/2 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1-2 tsp chicken bullion
  • Garlic Power
Melt butter in pan on medium heat and stir in flour. Heat for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons pepper; gravy should be quite peppery. Add bullion and garlic powder.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: