Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Do recipe get any easier than this? I could do this one in my sleep... and they are delicious! I doubled the batch and they made exactly 4 dozen... I LOVE THAT! I love it when the come out perfectly even and you don't either have to jam a few more on so they stick together or start a new tray with all four of them. I got this one from Joy the Baker's website (I have a link on the side.). Hope you enjoy this simple goodness!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

The Gourmet Cookbook

makes about two dozen cookies

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter

1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Roll into walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork. If you’d like, add a few chocolate pieces to the top of the cookies. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to… your mouth.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Yum! Thanks for the recipe. I'm always looking for ways to take out the flour or insert whole wheat.

jess and seth said...

Hey, this is a good recipe for packing in the protein without as many carbs! I won't ask how bad they are for you, but they look delicious . . . :)

Emily said...

I have a similar recipe. It tastes so good and it is a small batch, so I don't end up eating three dozen cookies in one day!

Keri said...

I FINALLY made these last night and really enjoyed them. I even used Splenda and they still turned out good. Now if I could only figure out how to take out the fat.