Monday, July 22, 2013

Black Bean Pasta Salad


Looking for a yummy summer salad to perk up your picnic?  Look no further!  I have a hard time resisting a pretty colorful salad, and this one just looked like a party.  It tasted pretty good, too.  I did take some liberties by adding a bit of salt, pepper, paprika and a couple others things, because I felt it was pretty bland on it's own.  I will confess that my kids weren't crazy about this one.  Just too much going on I guess, and I couldn't get them to really eat it.  I liked it, but be warned that it makes a big batch, (or probably more like: I don't messure very carefully and it all grows... a lot) so unless you have a crowd, you might want to half it... or eat the left over for a couple meals after like me. :)

Black Bean Pasta Salad (Kraftfoods)
2 cups  shell macaroni, uncooked (I used whole wheat pasta)
1 can  (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
1 can  (7 oz.) corn, drained
1 can  (4 oz.) chopped green chiles, drained
½ cup  chopped celery
½ cup  chopped onion
¼ cup  KRAFT Mayonesa con Limón (I just added a little lemon juice to regular mayo and I think it worked fine.)
(I also added 1 red bell pepper- I think it really enhanced taste and look.)
(Defeintely add some sald and pepper or other seasonings, to taste.)

COOK macaroni as directed on pkg.; drain.
ADD remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Cover.
REFRIGERATE several hours or until chilled.

SUBSTITUTE

Substitute canned garbanzo or pinto beans for the black beans.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: