Saturday, June 22, 2013

Strawberry Delight Cake


I wish I was better at knowing a good deal when I see one.  Strawberries were on sale a little while ago, and I didn't realize it until afterwords.  I wish I had stocked up!  At least I have this yummy dessert as consolation. :)

Strawberry Delight Cake (101 More Things to do with a Cake Mix)
1 strawberry cake mix (I didn't have strawberry cake mix, so I just used a yellow cake mix.)
1 cup white chocolate or vanilla chips
1 large box vanilla or cheesecake instant pudding

8 ounces whipped topping
sliced strawberries, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cake batter as directed on back of box with electric mixer 2 minutes.  Stir in white chips.  Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake as directed.  Allow cake to cool.
While cake is cooling, make instant pudding according to directions on box.  Allow pudding to thicken in refrigerator.  Cut cake into long, skinny pieces.  Place one slice of cake on a small plate.  Place a large scoop of pudding over cake.  Place another slice of cake over pudding.  Add more pudding.  Top with whipped topping.  If desired, garnish each serving with sliced strawberries.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: