Sunday, December 13, 2009

Peanut Butter Popcorn

I just found my new favorite recipe for caramel popcorn from my friend Emily! Who would have thought it could get even better with a bit of peanut butter?! I was excited mostly because I stink at making caramel popcorn, and this is such an easy recipe, that I couldn't mess it up! It was so gooey and yummy- that is my favorite! We bagged it up in cute little festive bags and shared it with our neighbors for Christmas. (It was hard to share, but I figured, it's Christmas... any other time and I probably would have eaten it all myself! :) (Picture from blog.vegcooking.com)

Peanut Butter Popcorn
3 Bags butter-flavor microwave pop-corn (I just popped a few batches in my popper.)
1/2 c. Honey
1/2 c. Corn Syrup
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Peanut Butter
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Pop popcorn and pour into large bowl. (I had mine in two bowls.) In a saucepan, mix honey, cornsyrup and sugar. Heat and boil for 1 minute 15 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over popcorn and stir and toss until popcorn is covered.

No comments: