Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baked Rice Pudding

This is one of Paula Dean's that I fell in love with the minute I tried it. I am such a pudding person and this just hits the spot for me every time. I realized that not everyone is a rice pudding person though last night when I made this and my in-laws had a bit just to be polite. The all said they thought it was good, but I think I pretty much wiped out the batch. :) I love how this one turns out so well every time and that I can just use that tiny bit of left-over rice. I always have it baking while we eat dinner, so it is really when we finish. I also think it is fun that Paula just puts the spices on the top instead of mixing it in with everything. Hope you are a pudding person because I know you'll enjoy this one!

Baked Rice Pudding
Ingredients
1 cup cooked rice
2 1/2 cups milk
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch glass baking dish.
In a large bowl, stir together first 7 ingredients. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Place baking dish in a large pan; pour water into the pan to a depth of 1-inch. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until lightly browned and set. Combine cinnamon and nutmeg; sift over top of pudding. Cool slightly and cut into squares to serve.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: