Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pretty Penne Ham Skillet

This in another one I found in my Simple and Delicious magazine. It is a fast one too- I love meals that I can throw to gether quickly. This is great to use up ham left-overs. It is also a flexible recipe- things usually turnout no matter how carefully or not you measure.

Pretty Penne Ham Skillet (This is a good one to half for a small family too)
1 pound uncooked penne or medium tube pasta (I only had egg noodles left as you can see :)
3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 large sweet red pepper, diced (I used green)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley (1-2 tsp dried)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 tsp minced fresh basil or 1/2 tsp dried
1-1/2 tsp minced fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
3 T butter
1 can (14-1/2 oz) chicken brother
1 T lemon juice
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham, pepper, oni9on, parsley, garlic, basil, and oregano in oil and butter for 4-6 minutes or until ham is brown and veggies are tender. Stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Drain pasta; stir into ham minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I made this dinner tonight (with some modifications due to what I had on hand) and it was fantastic! Hope you don't mind that I posted it on my blog.

Jamy said...

Hey! I found you on Melanie's site and I love some of your recipes! I can't wait to make the apple pie for Christmas, and the Amish bread recipe looks wonderful!

suzanne said...

Your recipes always look so good. I visit your blog often for fresh ideas.